While browsing blogland today I came across chief and cutie’s Spinach Squares over at Food Quest so I decided to try making them myself 🙂 They were surprisingly yummy and super easy to make!
Baked Spinach Squares Recipe
- 1kg bag of unseasoned frozen spinach, thawed
- 5 x chopped onions, caramelised
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 2 organic eggs
- 100g diced bacon, cooked
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 ml milk
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
It’s easy once you have all the mentioned ingredients prepared already. All you need to do is:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine everything together in a large bowl. Mix well until you get a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a shallow baking tray. If you want to you can sprinkle some grated cheese over the top.
- Bake on the lower half of the oven for 30 minutes. That’s it!